Friday, April 12, 2013

They were framed


I have the patience of a two year old.

The art of framing has managed to highlight that yesterday.

But my love for framed art far supercedes my frustration of an imperfect job

So I toiled...



Found these lovely  paper serviettes at a stationery shop ( in Singapore!! - Indian design is indeed in!)




Dont they make a gorgeous backdrop for my Batik lady?





My doodled fish finds a sea of lotuses and marigold to swim in :)




Remnants of a Patchwork bedsheet for my new art






Can u guess what this is...





Yes! A paper plate to border my tribal man and woman
And yes you observant one, they are earrings!




This piece has been a butt of a good number of jokes from family referencing my love for Indian jewelley designs

I am not deterred







A simple frame renders the humble Kalamkari into a piece of art





And another..

2 comments:

  1. Love the prints Madhu. Wish we get these prints in US as well ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ! You could try book shops...thats where I got them.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you !