Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Dining table clean up

Yay I varnished it I varnished it!

My dining table is rather special. The bargain hunter that I am, I love it more coz I bought it on ebay for 80 dollars!
It came with two benches when I bought it 4 years ago which I later handed down to my brother when he relocated here.



My intial plan was to stain it a lighter shade to match the current dining chairs. But since it is already a very dark shade, the guy at homefix told me it needed to be sanded bare using a machine.

Well since I wanted to do it myself, I had to settle for varnishing it for now.

After cleaning it and sanding it down twice with the help of my very effecient helper..








This is what it looks like now...







I am pretty pleased :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you !