Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lovely outdoors

I absolutely love to surround myself with nature. Plants and plant products ofcourse top the list. With the problem of space limitation, many of us cant afford a huge landscaped garden. But that shouldnt deter us from making a lush green corner in our tiny apartment balconies. Im unable to upload pics of my balcony now but I will definitely put them up as soon as I can.

Meanwhile I have a lovely collection of tropical landscaping pictures. All thanks to the multi talented crowd at Houzz

Beautiful contrast achieved in a plantar box. Love the lime green sweet potato vine-Tall cannas stand proud against purple Setcreasea, million bells and orange dahlias.


Ferns are ubiquitous in a tropical climate like singapore. So are heliconias seen here with their bright red and yellow heads. They make for great border.




A small water feature in the balcony could be so luxurious. Water lilies are making a comeback in small spaces.



How I would love my entry way to look like THIS!!


Asian Landscape design by San Francisco Landscape Architect Zeterre Landscape Architecture

What beautiful landscaping! The large pots carry dwarf red leaved ornamental banana plants. But I guess u could use dark Canna as well. Bamboo foliage always brings in the oriental touch.


Foot bridges, pepples and rocks add romance and whimsy. This can be replicated in a small space as well.


We love our orchids! Thrive in shade.


African violets are avaialble in a wide colour range



Bougainvilla is another hardy favourite for tropical climate.

Would love to hear from u!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you !